What should I bring?
- water (in a reusable bottle of course)
- gardening gloves if you have them (they’ll also be provided if you don’t have your own)
- a snack if you’d like
- a smile and a positive attitude
What should I wear?
You’ll be working outside, so wear something that can get a little dirty and that you’re comfortable in. Some things that we recommend:
- sturdy shoes
- a hat or sunglasses for sun protection
- long pants and long sleeves if you don’t mind getting a little dirty
- warm hat and jacket for the colder fall and spring weather
What kind of work will I be doing?
This depends on the day and the season, but some of the things that you may be doing include:
- planting seeds or young crops
- harvesting, washing, and packing vegetables, herbs, and flowers
- preparing beds using hand tools (ho, rake, trowel)
- cleaning up dead plants and weeds at the end of the season
- spreading compost